It's About the Animals

A Tale of Three Marleys, TWP


Marley, The Wayward Poodle


August 26 2020

Look who found me!

Well, these past few days have been kinda weird. I remember feeling great, then all of a sudden, I felt terrible and got really, really sick. Mom and Dad came to see me and I tried to get better. Then I remember them holding me close as I went to sleep. It was a good sleep and when I woke up, Mom and Dad weren’t there. I was pretty confused ‘ceptin’ I felt SO much better; warm, my stomach didn’t hurt anymore, and it was quiet. Really quiet, no pots and pans bangin’ around, no loudmouth Wayward Poodle, no Dad wrappin’ me up in a blanket, and no CHAIR TIME. I was beginning to get a little worried...where was I? 

And then....LOOK WHO FOUND ME!! I was so happy to see these two!! Belle was like my fur Mama; she used to let me sleep all over her and cuddle me warm. MiniP was just my sweet sister. Truth be told, I think they were just as glad to see me as I was to see them.

This new life will take some gettin’ used to but it sure is nice here. My sisters said I crossed a bridge made of Rainbows and that it’s very nice. They also said that everybody would be together again one of these days...even Marley.

Who would have thought a little bitty toothless, 10 year old, heartworm positive boy like me would have been adopted…but I WAS and it was magnificent.  Give us a try...we are magnificent and appreciative!!

So, that’s my story. I sure had a great home and I know they miss me so much. I’ll figure out a way to stay in bet I will.

A Missive from MiniPearl Swearengen--

From Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bridge

Hello! It’s me MiniP! I have been wanting to thank everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes when I crossed that Bridge a while back. As most of you probably know, I probably wasn’t meant to live as long as I did. I came to my new home desperately ill. I only weighed two pounds; I didn’t have any hair; I had heartworms (bad!); and I had pneumonia. Such is the life of a llittle bitty animal left out in the elements. BUT! As soon as I hit my new Daddy’s lap and he started whispering to me, I knew things had changed for me (and, sure enough, for him).

Nobody thought I had the proverbial snowball’s chance….


But, for the next six years, I lived large; walking every day (and doing a ‘lickety-split’ run to the house when it was chilly), eating really good food, sleeping beds all over the place, snuggling with my folks. But my MOST favorite thing in the world was for my Daddy to whisper to me. I’d sit on his chest and put my ear near his mouth and he’d tell me sweet things. When he would go to the office, I would follow him. When we would walk, I would follow him. He was and will always be my hero.

Then, my really big heart started causing me some trouble. Medicine helped for a while. I had power rugs on the floor so my feet didn’t slip. But, Friday, I started feeling really, really bad and I my time was near. Then, I fell over and couldn’t get up. Daddy laid down next to me and whispered to me. Then, he wrapped me in a nice warm blanket and took me to Doc Sylvia.

I remember my Daddy whispering to me that it was ok to go to sleep So, that’s just what I did. He whispered me right across that beautiful bridge as I went to sleep. When I woke up, my 'troubles had melted like lemon drops'; I felt GREAT! And guess who I saw, grinning to beat the band. My sister Stella-Beaux! I am so happy to be here and feel good.